This blog includes 52 Stories in 52 Weeks, which was done in 2007, along with some metaphysical or life lectures. There is artwork and videos, too. I started writing and drawing with two hands around the year 2001 as a mental and brain development experiment on my own brain to restructure my brain's neurons, etc. again. Simply put, using two hands to write and draw forces both sides of the brain to connect together, to become a holistic, stronger, improved brain. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

California’s Green Grape Vineyards versus California’s Burnt Black Mountains. On One Side, the Wine Country. On the Other Side, the Burnt Mountains. On One Side, Life. On the Other Side, Death . Smelling Life. Smelling Death. Written for the Current Future Survival of the Human Species. Versus. The Current and Future Self-Destruction of the Human Species. By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr! July 24th, 2018.

 California’s Green Grape Vineyards versus California’s Burnt Black Mountains.

 On One Side, the Wine Country.  On the Other Side, the Burnt Mountains.

 On One Side, Life.  On the Other Side, Death
.
 Smelling Life.  Smelling Death.

No Nuclear War!  OR.  Nuclear War!  Which is it going to be?

 Written for the Current Future Survival of the Human Species.

 Versus.

 The Current and Future Self-Destruction of the Human Species.

 By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr!

 July 24th, 2018.

In my younger days, when I was living in Upstate New York, someplace around the Finger Lakes, (You do not get to know where and it does not matter anyway.)  I used to bicycle on very good touring bicycles around the Finger Lakes around lakes and in the backcountry.  Oh my, what beautiful scenery too.  One of the main attractions was those grape vineyards on wide and open pots of land with poles sticking up from the ground with very long wires from one pole to the other poles, from one end of the field to the other end of the fields of grape vineyards.  The grape plant or wine plants as how I like to think of them would wrap themselves around the poles and those wires until their grapes were in perfect condition to make wine; wine from New York.

On this Sunday, but it could have been any Sunday, I took a ride on another type of bike, the kind with an engine on it.  I needed a real mental break from reading my last reading book titled, ‘The Cosmic Universe.’  When you are riding on any type of bike, your brain gets a little vacation from your normal life because you have to mentally focus and concentrate on the road and driving on the road so you are not focused on reading the subject of little tiny sub-atomic particles that you can not see with your eyes.  If only my human parents knew what I knew when I was just a little boy, they would have put me into a school for geniuses.  Oh well!

Anyway, on Sunday I had placed myself in the middle of California’s grape and wine country.  And wow, there I was again among the fields of grape vineyards and buildings where wine could be sampled for a tasting.  I do not drink and drive, so why stop for the wine tasting.

The weather was perfect at that moment.  The sky was its cool light blue color.  The buildings were mixed with their own grays or browns with their own personalized signs on the front of each different wine tasting building located on their own fields.  On the right and on the left that is all I saw, green grape plants, brown trees of various shapes and sizes, and different colored buildings too.  That is what I saw with my eyes.

What I saw with my mind was life.  There were living plants, people, and even living engines hidden away in cars, trucks, and on motorcycles.  There was the chemical exchange of chemistry that takes place between humans and the air, and the plants and the air, and the grapes and their vines.  And there was life all around that you could see and life you could not see.

And then, I was in for a rather very pleasant surprise.  My nose smelled it first, and then my brain registered what my noise had already registered a few seconds ago.  It was the scent of wine flowing out of so many buildings at once that it was now lingering in the air as I drove through the air on my ... well, it did not matter what you would have been driving ... you would have smelled the scent of wine in whatever type of auto machine, or non-auto machine you would have been driving at that very moment in space and time on planet earth.  Wow.  I sniffed the air to see if I could get a wine buzz from the air, but no such luck.

I wonder how the birds and other earthly creatures felt about the strong scent of wine in the air.

I stopped for a break and for some gas, but mainly for a break at a gas station to take a pee, get my head free from the helmet, and to get some information too, if possible.  The attendant told me that I could have continued riding straight down the road, which was actually getting kind of boring once I had driven through the air was drunken by it’s the scent of wind.  Or I could take a detour on the Silverado Trail.  I decided to take the Silverado Trail.  (The Silverado Trail is a scenic route that travels 29 miles along the Eastern edge of the Napa Valley, parallel to and several miles to the east of California State Route 29.)  The road I was on was on the west side.  The Silverado Trail is on the east side.

Ok then.  So the Silverado Trail is a back road I soon discovered, not like the main road I had been on before being diverted by a new possible adventure.  There was no moving traffic on the road except for me.  I wondered why and I soon learned why the road had very little if any cars, trucks, or even motorcycles on it.  I did not know!  I simply did not know what I was going to see for miles upon miles upon miles.  I just did not know.  I sort of wish that the gas attendant had told me what I was going to see and smell, but then I would not have driven down that long road.  I did not know so I was not expecting to see and smell death.

It started off with a little taste of death, and the sights and smells of death.  Ok, I had been there before, around death, in one form or another of death, as in this case, the death of trees and plants and earthly creatures in the backcountry when I had traveled into unknown areas and roads just for the fun and enjoyment of riding on new roads.  And in other ways too.  It had shocked my brain for a split moment but then I realized that there would probably be more death in my sight and my mind.  I did not know.  I simply did not know how long the view of death on earth would continue for me and my ride on the Silverado Trail.  But now I was mentally prepared for the view of death.  I was ready for it, but it was not a very pleasant sight at all.

This was a different kind of death.  It was not the death of a biological human body.  No sir!  It was the death of life on earth, on this stretch of highway on the Silverado Trail in the grape and wine country of Napa, CA.  As I rode my motorcycle down the road the scene did not get better.  The scene only became worse and worse and worse.  After a short time, I thought that I was actually smelling death and I did not know if my mind was playing tricks on itself because my eyes actually saw the tall mountains that had been burnt out dry of life because of wild forest fires.

I wonder how the birds and other earthly creatures felt about the strong scent of a fire in the air.

At the ground level, I looked to the left of me and then I looked to the right of me.  I saw black dark dead trees and bushes and dirt on the ground.  I looked high above me to the left and to the right of me.  All I saw was, especially very high above me, was complete and utter lack of life.  All I saw was mountain tops with that dark black death of dead trees and other voids of life.

There were no visible signs of living life.  Maybe small rodents like rats or mice or squirrels were living there, but I doubt it because even the rats and mice and squirrels need a certain amount of stuff to live on in order to stay alive as biological creatures.  Maybe there were ants living under the ground.  I do not know.  I simply do not know if any type of earthly life could survive up there on the tops of the darken black death mountains or even lower in the lower parts of the darken black death mountains.

How long would it be before the forest and mountain tops would have life again?  How long would it take for planet earth to have life again after a nuclear war?

I sniffed the air like I did when I was traveling through the very short area of wine air.  Nope!   Nothing!  I could not smell anything, except in my mind I was smelling death, the burning of live and dead wood that was being engulfed by the flames of fire, of uncontrollable fire.  No, I think I actually did smell those burnt dead trees, just like I smelled burning wood at a fireplace.

I bet you those wildlife firefighters smelled those fiery flames of death when they fight forest fires.  I bet you that they will never forget that smell of that kind of death.  That means the smell of death lingers within your mind just like the smell of wine lingers in your mind, the one bad odor of rotten stench, the other a good aroma, like a good perfume, or a good wine.

I have to be honest with my readers.  After a while, my mind was disgusted with the whole scene!

I saw an ending of a sunset taking place over on other mountains far away from me and the mountains of death.  The timing was almost perfect.  The sun is a very huge big ball of nuclear energy, sending burning hot radiation through cosmic space down to planet earth.  It takes only eight minutes for those rays from the sun to reach planet earth, you know.  I felt that burning hot radiation the next day as I rode through the air that was above 100 degrees.  Oh yes, I felt the heat of the flames of the sun.  I did not know the temperatures (the degree or intensity of heat present in a substance or object. ...) would be above 100 degrees or I would not have ridden that day.

But I learned something once again.  Well, I relearned it.  The human body does not like burning hot air.  The brain does not like burning hot air.  The skin does not like burning hot air.  The heart does not like burning hot air.  Although the human body does like a hot bath, it does not like really burning hot air.  My guess is that even the lungs do not like burning hot air either.  My bet is that all of that wildlife on those mountains did not like burning hot air either.

The trees and plants did not like the burning hot air of burning fire.  The ants did not like the burning hot air of burning fire.  The birds did not like the burning hot air of burning fire.  The deer did not like the burning hot air of burning fire.  The small animals did not like the burning hot air of burning fire.

I did not like the burning hot air when I was riding on my motorcycle.  My guess is that every human being on planet earth does not like the burning hot air of an uncontrollable burning fire.  People are suffering all around planet earth today with record heat temperatures and a big majority of people do not have protection or air conditioning to relieve them from the burning hot energy of the nuclear ball of the sun.

Does any human being see where I am going with this story/essay?  Nuclear war will not be fun!

Nuclear war will mean death to most if not all of the human species.  It is that simple!

Before I arrived at the Napa grape and wine country, I rode in winds for one hour.  They were not small gales of winds you might experience on a lake if you were sailing a sailboat.  No sir.  These winds were powerful winds that were ripping back and forth left and right nonstop, continuously bombarding me and an 800-pound motorcycle for one hour.  Great practice for me and my riding skills, but ... and it is not a good but ... but if these were the winds were from a nuclear bomb that caused winds with uncontrollable hot nuclear energy from one nuclear bomb or in all probability many nuclear bombs, well that could be the end of life on planet earth.  A lot of life.  It would mean death to all creatures small or large, smart or stupid, human and non-human alike.

That is what a nuclear bomb is for.  A nuclear bomb is for death.  Many nuclear bombs are for even more death.  Darken, black, death.  A state of nothingness.  A void of life.  Meaningless!

Not to mention the fact that it would be a shame to see thousands of years of grape and wine making all gone forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdrL3QxjyVw






No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
United States
When I was in college studying International Economics/Finance, I was also wondering how to develop a more powerful brain. So in 2001,I began a very specialized ambidextrous brain exercise program, for two hours per day,for many years. Those brain exercise began with me writing out words,mostly verbs, with both hands in different patterns.That developed into dual handed sentence writing to longer stories and dual handed drawing exercises.Details are for future books.I did these two hour brain workouts as a personal experiment to restructure my brain's neurons for the purpose of making my brain stronger for writing and language development; for logically creative storying writing.As far as I know, I am the only person in the course of history to have developed these ambidextrous hand/brain exercises.The purpose of these ambidextrous brain exercises is to strenghten both sides of the brain for language skills development, and to connect both sides of the brain together for language skills development. There is a very logical neurological reason for using two hands to write and draw as brain exercises. I also draw with both hands. 52 Stories is my testament!