This blog includes 52 Stories in 52 Weeks, which was done in 2007, along with some metaphysical or life lectures. There is artwork and videos, too. I started writing and drawing with two hands around the year 2001 as a mental and brain development experiment on my own brain to restructure my brain's neurons, etc. again. Simply put, using two hands to write and draw forces both sides of the brain to connect together, to become a holistic, stronger, improved brain. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Saturday, March 10, 2018

Two Picnic Tables. One Wood, One Steel. ( A Bridge and City Pipes too. ) By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr!

 Two Picnic Tables.   One Wood, One Steel.   ( A Bridge and City Pipes too. )

 By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr!

 March 10, 2018

 It is a funny thing about backyards, they can teach you many things, as a boy or as a man.  When I was a boy, living with my human parents, they owned a huge thick wooden backyard table.  It was strong enough to have a big backyard party on it, with lots of food, and with many people sitting on its very strong and thick seats.  It was very heavy too.  I do not think that one person could pick it up all by themselves.  But maybe they could flip it over and over again until they moved where they wanted it moved.

 I actually have a few tables in my backyard, both wood, steel, and wood and steel.  I notice a very nice wood table that came with four wooden chairs.  It is a perfect square table.  It looked very nice when I bought it and I thought maybe it would last a long time.  But then at the very same store, I bought a strong thick steel backyard table with its four chairs and I never really used it that much because it was a different style and it was a roundtable.  It looked like a backyard table to have tea in England or someplace where people only wanted to talk or have a conversation.  I usually work on my tables in one form or another.  But I sometimes love talking on the phone.  A remote telephone does not need a table.  These tables are protected from nature’s elements only to a degree.

 The wooden square table is really good for a laptop or notebook or even a regular book, but the roundtable seemed to be out of place because it has very limited space, whereas the square table has more space to work on.  But both the square and roundtable could take the weight of the coffee cup or the soda cup and some food too.  But do you know what the problem was with both the backyard wood and steel tables.  It was the weather, and more specifically the rain or water.  The rain, meaning water in general, could and would damage anything it touches, or almost anything it touches.  I cover my tables with plastic tarps to protect them from the rainwater, but still, they get wet sometimes.  Of course, fish love the water, so they are really safe from water.  Human are not so lucky!

 The rain, again meaning water, once it touches a piece of wood, the wood rot starts to happen.  The rain, again meaning water, once it touches steel, etc., causes rust.  So, therefore, I had spent good and hard earned money on something, an item or an object that was doomed to be destroyed by the weather, again meaning rain or water, etc.  Once the natural elements started their dirty handy work that only nature can do without even thinking about it, even on the tiny micro scale of existence, the table’s decay was started.  Oh yes, that goes for the sun too.  The hot sun causes its own damage to wood and steel, and so does the change in temperatures too.  And this happens with every piece of wood and steel in the world, esp., wood and steel created by human beings.

 And that is one of the reasons for paint.  Every day, weather permitting, of course, there are painters on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco painting that huge bridge over any areas that are beginning to rust.  So that we can see.  Do you know what we can not see?  We can not see the water pipes and sewer pipes, etc. that are hidden under the ground that are rusting out in probably every city in America and around the world too.  Sooner or later those hidden pipes and stuff under the ground will be needed to be replaced.  Good luck with that, all of you city managers.

I can always replace my backyard wood and steel tables just by going to a store again, and again, and again!


No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
United States
When I was in college studying International Economics/Finance, I was also wondering how to develop a more powerful brain. So in 2001,I began a very specialized ambidextrous brain exercise program, for two hours per day,for many years. Those brain exercise began with me writing out words,mostly verbs, with both hands in different patterns.That developed into dual handed sentence writing to longer stories and dual handed drawing exercises.Details are for future books.I did these two hour brain workouts as a personal experiment to restructure my brain's neurons for the purpose of making my brain stronger for writing and language development; for logically creative storying writing.As far as I know, I am the only person in the course of history to have developed these ambidextrous hand/brain exercises.The purpose of these ambidextrous brain exercises is to strenghten both sides of the brain for language skills development, and to connect both sides of the brain together for language skills development. There is a very logical neurological reason for using two hands to write and draw as brain exercises. I also draw with both hands. 52 Stories is my testament!