This blog includes 52 Stories in 52 Weeks, which was done in 2007, along with some metaphysical or life lectures. There is artwork and videos, too. I started writing and drawing with two hands around the year 2001 as a mental and brain development experiment on my own brain to restructure my brain's neurons, etc. again. Simply put, using two hands to write and draw forces both sides of the brain to connect together, to become a holistic, stronger, improved brain. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

A Sign of Sorts? Holes in Blue Jeans. Signs for the Angels Too. By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr!

A Sign of Sorts?  Holes in Blue Jeans.  Signs for the Angels Too.

 By: Mr. George D. Patnoe., Jr!

 Sunday, March, 4th, 2018.

 Yesterday, I was in a store named, HOBBY LOBBY.  Talk about the 1960s or 1970s song,  “Sign, sign, everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind. Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?”  ( Signs.  The 5 Man Electrical Band )  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT5otk2R1g  Anyway, I have never visited the store before and I thought it would be a new adventure.  There are all sorts of stuff in the store, but the stuff the store sold was not what I was expecting.  I was expecting a hobby store, like trains, and model cars and airplanes, and those new things called drones too.  So I walked into the store, and I stopped because there were a lot of signs even at the entrance doors, so I had to read them.  Nobody else stopped to read them, but I did.  Probably because I like to read, and I like signs too.  I have a lot of signs in my house like, “Never Ever Give Up.”  We all know that Trump likes gold in his house, but I think signs are better.  You can not read gold.  You can only see gold.

 Anyway, I met a few strangers in the store, and I explained to one stranger how after high school my human mother mentioned to me that she had found a job opening for me to learn how to make signs, like professional signs, and if I remember correctly, street signs too.  I did not even reply to her because I could not grasp the concept of making signs for the rest of my life.  I guess I was thinking way to far into my future.  It is a funny thing about signs.  They come in different forms.  I met a 30ish-year-old lady with her young daughter.  I noticed that her blue jeans had long and wide holes in them.  During our very short conversation, I stated to her, “When I was in high school I wore jeans with holes in them.  But after high school, I stopped wearing jeans with holes in them.”  Her reply was, “Fashion always makes a full circle, meaning it always comes back into vogue.”  I looked at her with my thought of, “But you are not in high school, and I bet you paid $100 bucks for those jeans.  I just wore out my jeans out to get holes in them.”

 But I was also thinking, the holes in her blue jeans were also a sign about her and her life, and her values, and her mind too.  She was still young, happy, and free to be whatever she wanted to be because she was living a good life somehow.  She had no need to dress up or maybe she did dress up during the week and being that this was a weekend day, she wanted to play being young with her daughter.  Of course, it is California, so a lot of people never dress up for any reason.  I knew that I could never ever wear blue jeans with holes in my pants again.  I guess that would be a sign about me too, in a way.  I did not want to be taken for a party pothead. I guess!

 I could not help myself.  I bought a few signs, and a few other items, like three sets of angel wings to hang on my walls.  I do not think real angels have or need wings.  But human beings need a sign for angels and I guess someone like an unknown artist or painter, religious or not, decided very long ago that painting a supernatural human being with angel wings on him or her would be a good sign for humans if they wanted a sign of the angels.  I own a few angels statues too.  Maybe if more human beings collected the signs of the angels, and fewer guns and other weapons of war, maybe the human race would be better.  But we will never know!  Will we?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
United States
When I was in college studying International Economics/Finance, I was also wondering how to develop a more powerful brain. So in 2001,I began a very specialized ambidextrous brain exercise program, for two hours per day,for many years. Those brain exercise began with me writing out words,mostly verbs, with both hands in different patterns.That developed into dual handed sentence writing to longer stories and dual handed drawing exercises.Details are for future books.I did these two hour brain workouts as a personal experiment to restructure my brain's neurons for the purpose of making my brain stronger for writing and language development; for logically creative storying writing.As far as I know, I am the only person in the course of history to have developed these ambidextrous hand/brain exercises.The purpose of these ambidextrous brain exercises is to strenghten both sides of the brain for language skills development, and to connect both sides of the brain together for language skills development. There is a very logical neurological reason for using two hands to write and draw as brain exercises. I also draw with both hands. 52 Stories is my testament!