A Joke for Today. “How Much is a Wife Worth?”
A newly married couple, John and Karen, were walking along the beach during their honeymoon.
Suddenly, John tripped over an old, dusty oil lamp.
He picked it up, rubbed it, and POOF! A magical Genie appeared in a cloud of smoke.
The Genie smile and said, “Thank you for freeing me! I can grant you three wishes. However, because you are newlyweds, there is a special marriage rule: Whatever you wish for, your wife will get ten times (10) times more!
John looked at Karen, smiled, and said, “That is OK. That is just wonderful! She is my wife, I love her, and I don’t mind sharing.”
For his first wish, John said, Genie, I want to be the richest man in the world. I want 100,00,000 dollars in my bank account.” (In yesteryear’s dollars of course.)
Genie snapped his fingers. “Done! You have 100 million in your bank account. But remember, your wife now has 1 billion dollars in her bank account!”
John smiled, “That is perfectly fine with me. What is mine is hers, and what is hers is mine.”
For his second wish, John said, “Genie, I want a fleet of the most luxurious sports cars in the world. A Ferrari, a Lamborghini, and a Rolls Royce!”
The Genie snapped his fingers again. “Done! You have 3 luxury cars, but your wife has now has 30 luxury cars as well, along with a massive garage.”
John nodded happily, “No problem at all! We can all go on road trips together.”
Then, the Genie looked at John very seriously. “Now, think very hard and carefully, young man. This is your third and final wish. Remember the rule” whatever you get, your wife gets ten times more, as in (10x) as more.”
John closed his eyes, thought for a very long moment, and then he smirked. He looked at the Genie and said:
“Genie, for my last wish ... please give me a mild, non-fatal heart attack.”
The Genie froze. Karen’s jaw dropped in absolute horror, and John lived happily ever after, as a very, very wealthy bachelor.

No comments:
Post a Comment