This blog was started in 2007 with a story written once a week for a year. It has expanded to included essays, and artwork, etc. I started writing and drawing with two hands around the year 2001 as a mental and brain development experiment on my own brain to restructure my brain's neurons, etc. again. Simply put, using two hands to write and draw forces both sides of the brain to connect together, to become a holistic, stronger, improved brain. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

A Joke for Today. “Where is the Hat?”

 A Joke for Today.  “Where is the Hat?”


Murphy showed up at Mass one Sunday and the priest almost fell down when he saw him.

Murphy had never been seen in church his whole life.

After Mass, the priest caught up with Murphy and said, “Murphy, I am so glad you decided to come to Mass.  What made you decide to join us this fine Sunday morning?”

Murphy said, “I got to be honest with you Father, a while back, I misplaced my hat and I really, really love that hat. And I know that McGlynn had the same hat as my hat; and knew that McGlynn came to church every Sunday.

I also knew that McGlynn had to take his hat off during the Mass and I figured that he would leave it in the back of the church; so, I was going to leave after Communion and steal McGlynn’s hat.”

The priest said, “Well, Murphy, I notice that you did not steal McGlynn’s hat.  What changed your mind?”

Murphy said, “Well, after I heard your sermon on the 10 Commandments, I decided that I didn’t need to steal McGlynn’s hat after all.”

The priest gave Murphy a big wide smile and said; “After I talked about the Commandments, ‘Thou Shalt Not Steal.’ you decided you would rather do without your hat instead of burning in hell for eternity. Right?”

Murphy shook his head and said, “No, Father. It was after you talked about ‘Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery, I remembered where I left my hat."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
United States
When I was in college studying International Economics/Finance, I was also wondering how to develop a more powerful brain. So in 2001,I began a very specialized ambidextrous brain exercise program, for two hours per day,for many years. Those brain exercise began with me writing out words,mostly verbs, with both hands in different patterns.That developed into dual handed sentence writing to longer stories and dual handed drawing exercises.Details are for future books.I did these two hour brain workouts as a personal experiment to restructure my brain's neurons for the purpose of making my brain stronger for writing and language development; for logically creative storying writing.As far as I know, I am the only person in the course of history to have developed these ambidextrous hand/brain exercises.The purpose of these ambidextrous brain exercises is to strenghten both sides of the brain for language skills development, and to connect both sides of the brain together for language skills development. There is a very logical neurological reason for using two hands to write and draw as brain exercises. I also draw with both hands. 52 Stories is my testament!